I belong to two clubs on the Island of Oahu and we joined together to do a great 2019 Field Day!
This is a free, national event sponsored by the ARRL (American Radio Relay League, the National Organization of Radio Amateur in the U.S.). Several hundred clubs nationwide participate in this event, which serves as a practical application of emergency operations, a fun contest, and as a public service event for Amateur Radio. Sometimes served agencies, such as National Weather Service (SkyWarn), the American Red Cross, and others join in with displays, etc. For Amateur Radio operators, it is a fun get-together as well as an opportunity to polish communications skills vital in the event of an emergency.
So come out and join us, whether your an old time ham or newly licensed or just want to know more
- Date - June 21 to 23, 2019
- Contest Operating times - 8:00 am Saturday to 8:00 am Sunday
- Location - Kualoa Beach Park
- Email Contact Attending/Information, if you are planing on camping any night or all, please let us know for food planning, thanks.
- Talk in Frequency - 146.520 simplex.
- Vehicle Access - Kualoa Park Access from 6 am to 8 pm daily. Gate closes at 8 pm, no cars can go in and out after 8 pm.
- Operating Schedule - No Specific Schedule, Radios will be open throughout the day.
- Map of Kualoa Park Area - Click here for Google Map to Kualoa Park
- Generator and Battery, Generators by Steve, Randy, etc..
- Pets - Sorry Pets are not allowed in the camp area. (Except Service Animals)
Friday, June 21
- Set up
- Setup Crew (Meet up about 10:00 am at Kualoa)
- Lunch - Wayne/Mei/William
- Tent Crew
- Antenna Setup Crew
- Station Setup Crew
- Spaghetti Dinner Provided by the clubs
Saturday. June 22
- Breakfast Provided by the Clubs
- Amateur Radio License Testing 11:00 am
- Public Lunch 12 pm to 1:30 pm, provided by the clubs
- Dinner - provided by the clubs
- Camping, If you plan on camping please let us know asap, first come first served.
Sunday June 23
- Breakfast - provided by the clubs
- Breakdown Crew (everyone)
- Clean up and Depart, by 12 pm
Help is always needed. Please let us know what phase you can help out on. For those interested in camping at the site please let us know ahead of time so we can accommodate for food and space, as there is a limitation on tent space.
- Friday, June 21