At exactly 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 22, over 50 restaurants across Oahu will serve special feasts for an exclusive table in their establishments. Wait till you see the menus they have come up with!
This is Oahu's first synchronized dining event. We will all sit down for to dinner, at the same time, for Lanakila Meals on Wheels. Proceeds will provide much needed funding to deliver more meals to kupuna who need our help.
Please join us if you can. And help us turn one great meal into many.
How it works:
- Select a Restaurant Category: There are six categories of tables to choose from (Please have a look at the table to the left, and click on them for overviews of each category). Each category offers a different dining atmosphere for you to choose, from very fine dining to family style.
- Why Category and Not Restaurant? The fun of this event is that every table purchased for a category will be added to a pool of other entries for that same category. A random drawing will be held on October 9th, and you will be notified by October 12 of your restaurant pairing!
- Prices are Per Table. Of six or four, depending on your category.
To Choose A Restaurant - for a limited time, you may also sponsor a table outright at a higher donation. Simply click on your desired Category and choose the Buy Now feature.
- Purchase table ticketson this website or use the downloadable form and fax or mail it in to our office.
- Please book early to reserve your spot, as tables are limited in number. Sales close when sold out or on October 8.
- Welcome Packet will be sent out to you the week of October 12. This packet will include: notification of your restaurant pairing, your table tickets, instructions, information on your restaurant, as well as detailed information on how you may also participate in the event's website sharing feature.
- Details: Table purchases are for chef designed meals described on this website and on the tickets you will be receiving. Purchase does not cover any other items, including beverages, parking, valet, or gratuity.
- Note on Gratuity: The fabric of this event is held together by the spirit of generosity. Please be aware of this and make it a point to tip accordingly.
- For updates and news: Please follow, subscribe, or bookmark our newsfeed Inside The Good Table.
The Good Table: The Web as a Dimension of Sharing
And because we live in Hawaii, where everything ono invites in the elements of sharing and fun, we've come up with a plan:
We will be providing a space here on the website for all of us to connect as we all sit down at 6:00 p.m. at tables across Oahu. Connect? Yes, we will be asking everyone to email, tweet, or text us images of your special feast so we can share it all via the wonderful web.
So, instead of hundreds of rubber slippers outside the door, we will have hundreds of tweets, pics, and texts from all of us to enjoy.
This has never been done before. All of us together will be creating an unprecedented, simultaneous, dining event. This is about finding new ways to come together.
Why The Good Table?
Proceeds will help Lanakila Meals on Wheels provide more meals for more seniors – so everyone who is participating, from restaurants to corporate supporters to diners, will be literally turning every meal prepared and enjoyed, into many.
Our goal is to raise awareness and $250,000 through this event and Lanakila Social Enterprisesto ensure that we can continue meal service for every senior currently in the program and to bring more than 100 seniors off the waiting list this year.
Because food is life.
We live in the world's wealthiest nation, yet, so many of our kupuna are going to sleep hungry. They are a strong, proud generation. Often this means that many are suffering in silence.
There are hundreds of kupuna on our waiting list to receive meals. They are waiting because of funding shortfalls, a weakened economy, and because we live in one of the fastest growing senior populations in the nation.
It is a heart breaking problem. But one that we can solve with your support. We hope that The Good Table becomes more than just an event. We hope that it becomes a movement that brings us all together, as a community. A community that takes care of each other, especially our kupuna.
You are invited to join us to not only raise funds, but to build a movement to ensure that no kupuna goes hungry in Hawaii. Learn more about the senior hunger crisis.